[Updated on 1 June 2021]
Malaysians are going through some tough times during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we're doing our part to stay at home and practice social distancing, you might be wondering where to take a COVID-19 test in Johor? If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or planning to take a COVID-19 test for work or travel purposes, here's where you should go.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection that has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation (WHO). According to Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
(Ministry of Health Malaysia), these are the common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Dry cough
- Aches and pains
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Can I visit any hospital if I'm showing symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Malay Mail
, you need to be classified as a case before you can take a COVID-19 test
in a screening hospital. You need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Sporadic case: A patient who tested positive for COVID-19 but has not travelled to any foreign country nor in close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days before the start of the illness.
- PUI (Patient Under Investigation) : A patient with an acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever. This patient also travelled to a foreign country, in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or attended an event associated with a known COVID-19 outbreak within 14 days before the start of the illness
- Contact: A patient who is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you're not classified as a 'case' but would like to undergo a COVID-19 screening for work, travel or other purposes, we've also listed some options for you.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test in Johor?
A) If you're classified as a 'case' and need to undergo a COVID-19 screening
Credit: Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia on Facebook
In February 2020, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of designated hospitals that are tasked for COVID-19 screenings and managing patients with COVID-19. If you're living outside of Johor, you can refer to the full list here
Do note that you need to be classified as a 'case'
(a sporadic case, PUI or contact) before visiting the following hospitals.
Screening hospitals in Johor
Admitting hospitals in Johor (for PUI and confirmed COVID-19 cases)
- Hospital Sultan Ismail, Johor Bahru
- Hospital Sultanah Nora Ismail, Batu Pahat
- Hospital Pakar Sultanah Fatimah, Muar
- Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru
- Hospital Enche' Besar Hjh Kalsom, Kluang
- Hospital Segamat
- Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru (Hospital Permai)
B) If you're not classified as a 'case' but want to undergo a COVID-19 screening
If you're not showing any symptoms of COVID-19 but are required to take a COVID-19 test in Johor for work, travel and other purposes, you can reach out to the private medical providers. On 28 May 2021, the Ministry of Health Malaysia has released a list of private clinics and hospitals that are authorised to perform COVID-19 screenings. If you're living outside of Johor, click here for a full list of registered private clinics and hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Malaysia
: The following list was last updated on 28 May 2021
by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Since the list is updated from time to time, we recommend checking their website
in advance before your visit.
Private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Johor
Private hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Johor
- Klinik Lee Dan Surgeri, Jalan Mutiara 1/2
- Klinik Central 24 Jam, Jalan Adda 7
- Klinik Mediviron Bukit Indah JB, Jalan Indah 15/2
- Klinik Yap & Partners, Jalan Enggang 19
- Klinik Angkasa, Jalan Scientex Jaya 7
- MJ Healthcare Clinic, Teluk Akua Biru
- Poliklinik Penawar, Jalan Bintang
- Poliklinik Penawar, Pusat Bandar
- Poliklinik Penawar Bandar Baru Uda, Jalan Padi Ria
- Poliklinik Penawar, Jalan Medan Nusa Perintis 6
- Klinik Mediviron, Jalan Badik 1
- Kang Ming Family Clinic Sdn Bhd, Jalan Eco Cascadia 6/1
- Klinik Lee Dan Surgeri, Taman Bukit Indah
- Poliklinik Penawar, Jalan Kesum
- L'Medina Clinic, Jalan Rotan Utama
- Klinik Union Medic (Kota Puteri), Jalan Kota 1/4
- Poliklinik Penawar, Jalan Tun Sri Lanang
- Klinik Kenko, Jalan Indah 15/2
- Klinik Tan, Jalan Perjiranan 2
- Klinik Pengerang Gateway Healthcare Sdn Bhd, Kampung Lepau
- Poliklinik Penawar, Jalan Jemaluang
- Poliklinik Penawar, Jalan Kebudayaan 5
- Polyclinic Healthcare And Surgery, Jalan Seri Orkid 1
- Klinik Mesra Plaza, Jalan Balau
- Poliklinik Penawar, Jalan Delima
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Rosmerah 2/10
- U.n.i Klinik, Jalan Parit Batu Nampak
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Haji Manan
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Zabedah
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Genuang
- Click here for a full list of registered private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Johor.
- Gleneagles Medini, Jalan Medini Utara
- KPJ Bandar Maharani Specialist Hospital, Jalan Stadium
- KPJ Bandar Dato Onn Specialist Hospital, Jalan Bukit Mutiara
- Pasir Gudang Specialist Hospital, Jalan Persiaran Dahlia 2
- KPJ Batu Pahat Specialist Hospital, Jalan Mutiara Gading Utama 1
- Hospital Pakar KPJ Johor (KPJ Johor Specialist Hospital), Jalan Abdul Samad
- KPJ Puteri Specialist Hospital, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak
- Regency Specialist Hospital, Jalan Suria
- Columbia Asia Hospital - Iskandar Puteri, Taman Kesihatan Afiat
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Persiaran Southkey 5
- Kensington Green Specialist Centre Sdn Bhd, Jalan Ceria 20
- Putra Specialist Hospital (Batu Pahat) Sdn Bhd, Jalan Peserai
- Hospital Penawar, Pusat Perniagaan Pasir Gudang
- KPJ Kluang Specialist Hospital, Jalan Saujana Utama
- Click here for a full list of registered private hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Johor.
While we're doing our part by staying at home and practising social distancing, we hope this list of hospitals and clinics to get a COVID-19 test in Johor will be helpful to those who need them. For more ways to stay safe during the pandemic, check out our recommended reads below.